Friday, August 23, 2013

Ombred hair

Hello chums. Unless you've been living under a rock throughout summer, then you will know that "Ombred" hair and dip dye has been very popular. In very basic terms, ombre makes you're hair look as if it been sun kissed (depending on the strength of the colour) at the ends of your hair. Or that you're hair has grown out, leaving you with darker roots and lighter tips.


Last month, I decided to ombre my hair a golden blonde colour. I have dyed my hair plenty of times in the past including bright red (I was 9) so it wasn't like my mum wouldn't let me, in fact she done it for me herself. I chose ombre because it was subtle and i would get away with it at school, but mainly because it seemed everyone my age was dying theirs bright colours and i wanted to be slightly different.








I was inspired most my idol You Tuber Zoella, her hair looks amazing.




So me and my mum took a trip to Boots and bought L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre No 1. There are 3 colour options. Ombre No 1 for Light Brown to Dark Brown hair, Ombre No 2 for Dark Blonde to Medium Brown hair and Ombre No 3 for Blonde to Dark Blonde hair.

It's a really straightforward kit that contains everything you need to get the perfect 'at home' ombre .
You mix everything together, part your hair into two bunches and bring it over your shoulders and then brush on the mixed products on to the hair you want to lighten and leave for between 25 and 45 minutes, checking half way. I left it on for the whole 45 minutes, so it went the blondest it could go.

You then wash is out with the shampoo provided and you're done, this is what it looked like...






 
 Isabelle xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment